With roots in the land of Tibet, Kunzang Odsal Palyul Changchub Choling (KPC) Buddhist temple was founded by American born Jetsunma Ahkon Norbu Lhamo to uphold the Palyul lineage within the Nyingma tradition of Vajrayana Buddhism under the guidance of His Holiness Penor Norbu Rinpoche. Kunzang Odsal Palyul Changchub Chöling (KPC) — “Glorious Dharma Continent of Absolute Clear Light” — is a hub of compassionate activity, which has a mission to inspire people to improve the world and end suffering for the benefit of all beings.
Jetsunma was the first Western woman to be enthroned as a lineage holder in Tibetan Buddhism. KPC has been operating since 1988 and includes centers in the United States (Maryland, Arizona, and California) and Australia. Buddhist teachings and transmissions are offered by Jetsunma and other teachers from the Nyingma and Kagyu traditions for all levels of the Buddhist path. KPC centers provide ongoing opportunities and practical ways to apply Buddhism as a beneficial way of life. All are welcome.
Our Mission is to alleviate suffering through compassionate activity in the world by
- making Buddhist teachings available
- offering a place of spiritual refuge including sites of pilgrimage and prayer
- offering prayers and spiritual practices to those in need
- nurturing the community beyond our boundaries
- caretaking the natural environment under our custodianship