We have reached the moment when we either need to secure the Amitabha Sacred Land in Sedona, Arizona or it will be lost if one of or a combination of the things listed below do not happen immediately. Procedures to redraw the boundaries on the land will commence Monday, July 9th and access to the Stupa will become very limited for everyone. The majority of the land will go back to the lender and be open for development.
We have, since December, raised $100,000 toward securing this land through generous donations and compassionate activity. The outpouring has been extraordinary. What we need right now
1) A friendly loan for $600,000, which – through the great generosity of our donors – we can document that we can pay through our monthly Friends of Amitabha Stupa Campaign and daily donations from thousands of visitors to the Stupa.
2) A solid sale of the 4.6 acres which would substantially reduce the amount of the friendly loan needed.
3) Cash donations to reduce the amount of the friendly loan needed
Webathon – On Thursday July 5th, starting at 7P.M., we will be talking about the tremendous blessings available because of this most extraordinary Stupa and how you can keep it from being lost! Please tune in here…
This situation requires spiritual heros – people who have a sense of their own destiny and see that there is an extraordinary moment of decision at hand. History can be made in support of preserving the sacred, on behalf of the hopeless, for those in need of healing, for the millions who will visit this place in the decades and centuries to come; long after today’s institutions and enterprises have gone. Once secured, the Amitabha Stupa and Peace Park, this place of peace, will endure. It will continue to pour out blessings and virtue all day and all night, bringing countless blessings to the world.
So the question is who will see this and in one moment of open-hearted compassion and courage, act unselfishly for the greater good and the benefit of all sentient beings. If you are that hero please come forth now. You can make a donation online here... If you would like to speak with someone about your charitable contribution, please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly schedule a call with you.
Recent Activity and Efforts to secure the Amitabha Stupa and Peace Park
Friends of Amitabha Stupa campaign: debited monthly donations
- The purpose to ensure that strong cash flow exists in order to service a new “friendly loan,” at a lower interest rate, if needed.
- Started in February with 12 Friends at about $200 per month
- Current number of Friends: 95 donating $2,250 per month and increasing steadily
- Goal is 108 friends bringing in $3,000
Path to Peace Brick Campaign: sponsoring bricks with messages at the Amitabha Stupa ($500, $250 or $100)
- Since April, 2012: 33 new brick sponsors bringing in just under $5,000 in donations
Offerings at the Stupa
- Fluctuates seasonally. Averaging $2,000 plus per month and increasing.
CURRENT CASH FLOW: $4,000 PER MONTH AND INCREASING
Visitors to the Stupa
- Estimated at 20,000 plus visitors annually and increasing
Local Business Support through Sponsored Events: (headlines from news articles in bold)
December 2, 2011
AZADI Fine Rugs Event Help Secure Sacred Land: The Amitabha Stupa, Jewel of Sedona Azadi Rugs held 2 fundraising events: wine reception, music and a % of sales going to the Amitabha Stupa and a $1,000 gift certificate donated to the Heartline Restaurant fundraising event in February.
December 31, 2011
Celebrate the New Year with Prayerful Intentions!
Over 500 people attended and many offered flowers wrote their intensions for the New Year on blank colored prayer flags. Heart of Sedona, Heartline, Mountain High Flowers all came through with in-kind donations. Intended as a celebration it brought in $2,800
February 11, 2012
The HeartLine Café Hosts a Benefit for the Amitabha Stupa Fabulous Buffet, Music and Silent Auction!
- Over 175 in attendance
- Owner Phyllis Cline sponsored everything: the space, delicious buffet, beverages
- Over 150 silent auction items were donated
- $9,000 raised
June 10 2012
Celebrating the Amitabha Stupa & Peace Park with Fine Art, Music, and Food June 10
- Deborah Leatherwood, owner of Rene Restaurant sponsored event
- Light fare, wine and refreshments, music
- Over 65 artists, many well known and collected internationally as well as local emerging artists participated.
- Ballroom space was donated by Wendy Lippman, General Manager of Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village.
- Over $9,000 raised.
Online Webathon from the main temple in Poolesville Maryland, June 12, 2012
- Two hour streamed, live webathon brought in $18,000
Pet Blessing at the Amitabha Stupa June 17, 2012
Dozens of people and their pets came for a blessing from the Heart Shrine Relic Tour that took place at 7 Centers Yoga. Pets were blessed with actual relics from the Buddha, similar to the Buddha relics contained within the Amitabha Stupa.
Upcoming Fundraising events:
Stand For Peace: July 8, 2012 four hour, multi-band concert and compilation CD release by well- known local musicians. All musicians are donating their time with 60% of gate and the majority of CD sales going to support the Amitabha Stupa and Peace Park.
Current status: negotiating an offer
- 4.6 acres has been for sale for two plus years.
- “Friendly Angel Loan,” to relieve the current private note holder and to have more time to completely secure the land through donor development/fundraising and continuing events.
Tune in to the Webathon on Thursday, July 5 at 7p.m to support the Amitabha Stupa and Sacred Land. Together we can secure this treasure! As Jetsunma said, “Don’t let this miracle slip away.”